The Circle of the Standing Stones
Like the Mother Earth who nourishes and protects us, members of the Stones Lodge seek to deepen their connections to Gaia, finding our inner strengths while expanding our wizardly knowledge and skills—and having fun doing it!
The Circle of the Standing Stones—usually known simply as “The Stones Lodge” (we’re a laid-back lot!)—is one of the most active groups in the Grey School. As three-time holders of the Lodge Cup and with record levels of advancement and extracurricular meritorious activities, we’ve always got several things going on at once. Whether working on magickal activities, sharing book reports and ideas, studying minerals and crystals, or simply cheering each other on, the Stones Lodge serves as our home in the Grey School, and we’ve made many friends in our cyber-common room.Besides holding the Lodge Cup for three consecutive Mabon periods, our Lodge has distinguished itself in the following ways:
• The Stones had the Grey School’s first student leader, i.e., Prefect.
• That Prefect went on to become the Grey School’s first Lodge Captain—the highest recognition available to Grey School students.
• The Stones are past winners of several all-school events, including the Earth Day Challenge, the Winter Bird Count Challenge, and the Poetry Challenge.
• Our attention to academics has placed dozens of Stones on the school Dean’s List and has seen us pass more classes than any other Grey School House or Lodge.
• Our members are represented across the Grey School’s student awards and societies, and have participated in various in-person “meet-ups” and summer Conclaves.
The Circle of the Standing Stones stands proudly behind our motto: Firmitas ~ Integritas ~ Magnanimitas (“strength, integrity, greatness of soul”). We look forward to more fun and more achievement in the future as we grow in magick and wizardry, and we will proudly welcome new members into our midst!